Author Interview: Deno Sandz



A historical fiction set at a Bed and Breakfast owned by the great, great, great, granddaughter of Captain Rollins the 3rd once known as the big house on a plantation in Virginian. The antagonist, the SOTO (The Soul of the Ocean) is a captured slave from the southern tip of Africa, thrown overboard near the shores of Shonway, Virginian where the Shonwaayians now call, “The Shores of the Evil Soul” in 1810 after a mutiny he spearheaded leading to the murder of crew members, slaves, and his wife by the evil hands of Captain Rollins the 3rd who owned the plantation. It’s now 2010 and another fifty years has dawned and the SOTO has awakened again to seek his vengeance against the last of Rollins’ blood line for the death of his wife.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Deon C. Sanders (Pen name: Deno Sandz) was born in the south, raised and resides in Chicago, is a father of six working in the educational field and has been a fiction author for the last ten years. I have published novels such as: “Miss Mary Weather: A Southern Nightmare” (2001), “Pen of Iniquity” (2008), “I,AM” (2010), and have numerous unpublished works. I write phenomenal articles on every aspect of society, short stories that transcends the heart, soul, and mind of the reader, poetry that convokes emotions, lyrics that embraces the genre of the music industry, and movie screenplays. I am also the owner/creator of Deno Sandz Productions/Six Shortyes Films.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

First and foremost, I have to say the Lord my God, then my grandparents and parents.

Who is your hero / heroine and why?

There are so many hero/heroine to name, but first I must say my mother. She had the gift to write as I do and passed it down to me. Another has to be Langston Hughes because of his endurance and tenacity to write literature that motivated, educated, and made people laugh with Simple, Maya Angelo, because she’s the cornerstone of spirit and emotions when she writes, Stephen King because he has the desire to catapult readers into the world of his fiction, and Socrates because through his mind’s eye he was able to philosophy and create an inner thinking home for readers.

Why do you write?

My love for writing fiction was somewhat inherited from the southern stories, myths, and superstitions I listened to from my grandmother and mother at an early age. This intrigued me to want to bring life to the fictional world of literature, as well as to other multi-genre forms. I write short stories that have dramatic plots, poems about reality, and comedic and emotional movie screenplays; as well as articles on society, human nature, religion, human interest, and opinionative ideas.

What is your writing routine (if you have one!)?

My routine, most of the time goes like this: After relaxing after a long day at work. I wait for my children are put to bed and then I grab my notes, a glass of wine, my ash tray and cigs and begin to focus in my quite place. Before I know it’s one or two in the morning.

The best thing about being a writer is…that there are NO BOUNDARIES, just a place where the pen and pad meets imagination, visualization, and creativity.

In one sentence, what is your book about?

The Novel, “Blood Plantation” is a historical fiction set at a Bed and Breakfast owned by the great, great, great, granddaughter of Captain Rollins the 3rd once known as the big house on a plantation in Virginian.

What is the target audience for your book?

My target audience is the world, but if I had to simplify I would say young adults to adults.


What have people said about your writing?

Slavery was a harrowing and painful time in itself but imagine if the spirits of all who perished and suffered during that time could come back and seek revenge. Upcoming author, Deno Sandz takes that supernatural element and adds it along with his recollection of the history of slavery in his new thriller, Blood Plantation.

“It’s the sins of slavery” “A real horror of the middle passage”
“Southern reality and history never forgotten” “Supernatural fiction at its best”


~~http://www.mandysmorgueofhorror.com

This one is for all you book lovers out there. BLOOD PLANTATION is the new book from writer Deno Sandz that deal with slavery and the supernatural. Now I am not really a book reader myself, I know that is sad, but I might give watching movies a break and give this book a shot. The book seems like it has an interesting concept so why not.

~~http://www.igorslab.com

How do you want your readers to feel when they finish your book?

After reading this book I hope more readers consider my books more, because they deal in the unknown reality of horror better than movies and that these words of fear, and the imagination jumps right off the pages at them. I want them to be excited that they had purchased a fictional novel that’s well written, shocking, heart wrenching, plot driven, spellbinding, and frightening.

What’s your next writing project?

My next project is almost complete. It will be released this year (2012) titled: “Cry Heaven Cry Hell…The Return of Miss Mary Weather” a sequel to my 2001 release “Miss Mary Weather: A Southern Nightmare.

Favorite quote?

“Without Struggle, there would be no progress”(Frederick Douglass)

Find Deno on his blog, A Man That Writes, on Twitter, @DenoSandz, his website, Author Deno Sandz, and Facebook, Deno Sandz Page. Purchase BLOOD PLANTATION in paperback at Amazon/

0 comments: